The perfect bachelorette party in Puerto Vallarta won’t happen on its own. You’ll need a little local know-how if you want to experience the best of this Latin paradise. The local party planning experts at PV Nightlife are here to make sure your bachelorette party is truly magical!
If you’re planning to come to Puerto Vallarta for your bachelorette party, then you have everything in the world to look forward to: seaside brunch and mimosas, spa days overlooking gorgeous vistas, bar hopping on cobblestone streets full of Latin spice and mariachi music, and a VIP table at the hottest club in town.
There’s only one problem. Puerto Vallarta is a pretty popular spot, and without a bit of local insight, you’ll end up packed in like sardines at all the typical tourist spots. And worse yet, you’ll pay more for it!
At PV Nightlife, we’re all locals, and we’ve asked our top leisure, dining, accommodation, and party planning experts for the absolute best ways to make a Puerto Vallarta bachelorette party perfect. Let’s take a look at what they had to say!
PV Nightlife’s Guide to the Perfect Puerto Vallarta Bachelorette Party
Our experts are 100% local and 100% professional when it comes to planning the perfect bachelorette party. You won’t find our party planning life hacks anywhere else!
Proper accommodation can make or break your entire stay in Puerto Vallarta. If you’re looking for a relaxing weekend with the girls, you may want to avoid a crowded resort full of young children and club-goers. If, on the other hand, you’re into hitting the streets and staying up late, a quiet home on the shore may prove to be a hassle when it comes to transportation.
If you want to experience the best of both worlds, as most bachelorettes do, you’ll need to work out your accommodation and transportation in advance. Luckily, this can all be easily arranged. A private seaside villa with a personal driver can often be cheaper than booking several rooms at a stuffy resort (especially if you book with locals who know the best and most affordable spots).
Besides the privacy, the best thing about booking a villa is the freedom to customize your stay to make it completely unique. For example, you can hire a chef for the evening to prepare a feast of local favorites and fresh seafood, or book a private diving instructor to give you and your besties a look at the wild and colorful marine life in our crystal blue sea!
The possibilities for leisure activities in Puerto Vallarta are nearly endless. PV is one of the best spots in the world for boating, watersports, hiking, sightseeing and so much more. Here are our recommendations for winning daytime leisure activities for your bachelorette party:
• A relaxing spa day: You can visit the city at night! The day is all about getting some much-needed R&R after all that wedding planning. It’s time for bamboo steam baths, facials, hot stone massages, and freshly made fruit smoothies from locally-sourced coconut, pineapple, mango, and guava. Remember not to book your spa day at a resort! You’ll pay much more and the experience will be rushed and crowded. Book with one of Puerto Vallarta’s real spas for famed traditional treatments and unparalleled hospitality.
• Sunbathing on a private yacht: All you’ll need is your bikini, sunglasses, and tanning oil. The yacht staff will provide everything else from a fresh lunch to bottles of champagne. Feel like a celebrity as you lay out on the deck and glide through the azure sea. If you have time, this is also a wonderful place to watch the sunset over the water!
• Jungle wildlife excursion: For a bit more adventure, take a hike into the lush green jungles near Puerto Vallarta. An experienced guide will allow you to get up close and personal with jaguars, ocelots, margays, green iguanas, and crocodiles! PV is an animal lover’s dream!
• A day at the beach: You absolutely must spend at least a few hours on one of PV’s breathtaking beaches. To find a hidden cove that you and your girlfriends can call your own, contact Puerto Vallarta Nightlife for the latest hotspots. If you want to head out on your own, we’d recommend the beaches at Tehuamixtle, Yelapa, and Chimo.
A bachelorette party isn’t complete without a fabulous meal full of too many speeches, too many drinks, and plenty of tears of joy! Puerto Vallarta is one of the best places to eat in this delicious country, so you’ll have your choice from exquisite BBQ to the catch of the day. We recommend La Madalena for incredible local tapas and a wire rack that requires a ladder. For a quieter spot and a true foodie experience, we also can’t say enough about La Leche. The whitewashed interior and elegant décor are designed to accentuate the vibrant colors and flavors prepared by professional chefs.
The best eats in PV are not to be missed, so make sure you book far in advance. At PV Nightlife, we can take care of it for you, and even book you a private room and transportation. Don’t wait to book! You don’t want to end up eating tacos on the curb (at least until 2 am!).
It’s your last night out with the girls! Make it last at Puerto Vallarta’s swankiest bars, spiciest clubs, and coolest cocktail lounges.
PV may be the hottest spot for a bachelorette party, but it’s also a popular year-round tourist attraction. This means that there are a bunch of tourist traps that will try to lure you in with special packages, free welcome drinks, and other scams.
These big promises usually lead to dirty clubs with watered-down drinks and terrible DJs.
To get to the heart of the world-famous nightlife in Puerto Vallarta, you need the locals to tell you what’s hot and what’s not. Here are a few of the hot spots right now that we recommend.
• Bar Morelos: Two floors. Live music. A huge dance floor. Signature cocktails. Bar Morelos is the perfect place to transition from after dinner drinks to a little heat on the dance floor.
Start in the vintage lounge to enjoy some smooth tunes under soft lighting, and then head to the next floor to turn it up a notch. No time for dinner? Bar Morelos serves meals and snacks too!
• La Vaquita: Crazy in a good way, La Vaquita is like an adult funhouse. From the giant flying cow towering above the dance floor to the wild pyrotechnic shows, this place delivers a feast for all the senses.
Dance to some of the biggest DJs on the scene, or take a break upstairs on the terrace and enjoy epic views of Banderas Bay.
• Strana: It’s your last night out as an unmarried woman, which means you’ve got to dress to kill. Strana is the place to turn heads with your sexiest little black dress or your most fashion-savvy outfit.
This bar and club is where fashionistas from around the globe come to let loose and go a little wild. Strana offers some of the most incredible décor in PV as well as one of the most impressive drink menus (you won’t find their signature cocktails anywhere else).